Wednesday, July 05, 2006


It was another big day in the world of Kenton. At lunch today he tasted watermelon for the first time and LOVED it! I got a big slice thinking I'd cut up a few bites for him and eat the rest myself, but he wound up finishing the whole thing. He was eating it as fast as I could cut it up and set it in front of him. Of course, he was a sticky mess when he was finished but we just took a wet wipe to him.

He finally realized he could crawl today. For a while now he's been crawling a couple of feet at a time to get to the dog or something else he's really interested in. The lightbulb finally went on today and he's been motoring all over the house. Now we've got to figure out how to keep him in one place when we need to.

And, in the other big news today, he fell face first onto one of his toys this afternoon when he was pulling himself up to stand. It happened just as I was coming in the door from work. I heard him start screaming as I came up the walk and I came in to see Edward holding him with his nose bleeding and a big red spot on his head. Of course, we panicked at the sight of blood and called the after-hours nurse, who assured us this wasn't anything to get too upset about. It stopped bleeding in a minute or two and he was fine the rest of the evening. He got over it a lot more quickly than mom & dad did!

No comments: