Sunday, October 19, 2008

We headed to Edward's hometown of Glendale (population 300) this weekend to visit with family and take in the annual Crossing Festival. The festival brings about 25,000 people to shop for arts and crafts from the 300 or more vendors who set up and, most importantly, to eat lots of food, much of it deep-fried. After a normal breakfast at the house, I kicked off my festival dining with a cup of chili at about 9:30am and proceeded to eat until I went to bed. I somehow missed the booth selling deep-fried twinkies and snickers, though. I'm going to have to ask Nathanael to help me find it next year, because I really do need to try a deep-fried twinkie.

The day started off a little chilly, so we bundled the kids up to go watch the parade. Kenton kept his hat and mittens on for about 45 seconds before he started complaining and ripped them off. He was a little better about wearing his coat. Em didn't seem to care what she was wearing as long as someone was paying attention to her constantly. Fortunately there were usually enough family members around at any given time to keep her happy.

No comments: