Tuesday, February 09, 2010



Emy is not one to sit still. She's constantly in motion, even when she's tired. However, she was so exhausted from playing out in the snow this afternoon that after supper she crawled up on the couch beside me, snuggled up, and stayed there watching tv for nearly an hour. In all her 2 1/2 years (plus the time I was pregnant, when she kicked and rolled constantly!), I don't think I've seen her be still for that long. I really enjoyed the chance to snuggle. :) I guess the snow just physically wore her out. We have almost 12" on the ground and she's only about 29" tall, so just walking around was a lot of work for her. She had a great time outside, though, and didn't want to come in even after an hour.

Before she got up on the couch with me, she grabbed her hat, which was laying on the bench in the living room, and tried to put it on her head. When I laughed a little she said, "Mama, this is an inside hat." I agreed that it could be an inside hat and helped her put it on. And she wore it for quite a while.

No comments: